Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kings vs. Wizards - Omri Continues to Struggle and Kings Lose Again

Saturday Jan. 16

Omri had his second sub-par game following the return of Kevin Martin. (You can read my discussion of Martin's return here.) Omri only scored 6 points on 3 of 9 shooting and he only played for 24 minutes. He still grabbed 6 rebounds and only had one turnover. Also, you can see Omri with a nice two-handed dunk at :42 seconds in the NBA.com highlight.

Unfortunately, The Sacramento Bee is reporting that Omri yelled at Coach Paul Westphal because he didn't want to come out of the game. Both Omri and Coach Westphal said that it was not a big deal and just part of Omri's high emotional energy.

I am feeling nervous and seeing a possible red flag. Omri began to get a lot of attention two weeks ago, when he scored over 20 points for three games in a row. Clearly he became comfortable being a key role in the offense and is understandably frustrated to lose that role to Kevin Martin. Remember Omri, you are still a rookie and have a lot to learn about being a professional athlete. (Take it from me, 'cause I know!) Be patient and your chances will come.

1 comment:

  1. I think that they need to work on the minutes, so that the guys once again will now the line ups. I like casspi passion for the game.
    I don't see him as a problem I see him as a frusterated young guy who doesn't were he his getting his minutes.
    and pretty soon garcia is suposed to come back from the injury. and patience is something that you could tell the whole team

    ReplyDelete