Friday, January 15, 2010

Omri Casspi Splits One Fan's Loyalty

Omri CasspiIt has finally happened. Omri Casspi is forcing me to choose sides. Do I remain loyal to my home team, the team that I have followed for almost 25 years. (Oy am I old!) OR - do I switch loyalties, follow my man-crush and become a whole-hearted fan of the Sacramento Kings? These are indeed difficult times.

Well the reality is that I am a fan of the Philadelphia 76ers and I actually have an easy decision. The Sixers stink. They are horrible and unlike the NJ Nets, their salary cap is a mess. In other words, there is not a good chance that they are going to get better any time soon. Thanks a lot Elton Brand!

So even though the Kings are playing the Sixers tonight in Philadelphia, I can easily root for Omri and the Kings. I could take the easy way out and root for Omri to get some good stats while the Sixers win the game. BUT - since the Sixers are going nowhere fast, I am ready to channel all of my NBA karma in the Kings direction.

Check out this post for my preview of the Kings vs. the Sixers.

No comments:

Post a Comment